We're looking for a top-tier agency or freelancer(s) to help overhaul our website, – and – tweak our application software to look great on the site.
Launch a website that gets employees, customers, and job candidates excited.
100% complete by 9/30/2022
- The Logic 2 Application looks great on the website, in two color versions. (i.e. application screenshots look great)
- A complete new Saleae website is released a single page at a time (i.e. release frequently — NOT all at once at the end).
- It is obvious that the new website has top-tier creative talent behind it: design, illustration, copy, and brand/product photography.
- Pages: Home, Hardware, Software, Applications, About/Careers, Automation, Power Optimization; Support pages, Store pages, and Blog pages.
- Super-well-organized library-based Figma
- Get started right away with real design work – we don't want to do any of the typical new client onboarding stuff.
- We need the “A” team — prior to starting, we'd like to see the Portfolio/LinkedIn of everyone on our team.
How we imagine this working
- Daily working meetings with your team <> our team, largely in-person. (we can come to you if needed)
- FAST, intensive co-development; full-time design effort
- First web page complete in <2 weeks; subsequent pages 1+/week
- Given the subject matter, we'll probably need to own the initial copywriting
Our current website is terrible; we have way higher standards than that, which is why we're reaching out to you.
- All key pages launched by 9/30/2022: Home, About, Software, Hardware, Automation, Power Analysis, Support, Cart/Store.
- Achieve 5% “willing to chat” response rate for cold-contacted SWEs (currently < 1%)
- Achieve 4.5/5: I would be super proud to show the Saleae website to a friend . (poll of Saleae team)
- Agency review of Saleae materials (i.e. brand guidelines, etc.) + Select off-the-shelf UI design kit (e.g. Cabana for Figma); + select preliminary color pallet and font.
- Launch the first complete page. (e.g. the page that has the smallest number of asset requirements.)
- Complete preliminary wireframes for all key pages + an “assets development plan” for all required illustrations, diagrams, photography, etc.
- Launch page 2, 3, 4... as soon as each becomes complete.
For all of these, you would work with our software team, AND, ideally, a strong front-end developer from your agency.
- Release the “light theme” to customers, brute-force.
- Release the app with a minimum set of UI/layout/color tweaks to dramatically improve how it presents on the website.
- Release the app with all the refactors required to consolidate the number of UI elements into a minimum set. Demonstrate that the Figma component library is a pixel-perfect match of the app.
- Release the app with an extensive set of UI/layout/color tweaks to dramatically improve how it presents on the website. Demonstrate that Figma is 1:1 with implementation.
- Release the app with all important “less-than-1-hour UI/UX issues” resolved.
Logic 2 Application: Electron application with React front-end; very similar to web application development. GitHub, code review, and CI.
Website: customized metalsmith-based static website builder, deployed to Netlify via CI; Shopify-based web store; Zendesk-based contact-us; Gitbook-based support site; Drift-based chat; Ghost.io-based blog.
- Software team (4 people)
- Creative director(s)
- Front-end react developer(s)
- Front end HTML/CSS developer(s)
- Photography (brand, product, and recruiting)
- Optionally: Videography (brand, product, and recruiting)
Brand Guidelines, mood board, sitemap, customer profile, company values, website architecture, website outcomes / user journeys.